James Flex Lewis Biography





My love for Bodybuilding started when I was young 12 I discovered a book on Tom Platz whilst being the lil nosey kid going through my aunties book case.

Having attend a seminar of his she purchased the book which he signed and several years later was discovered by me.
It was his legs that blew me away, front to back, side to side—I remember always wanting to have huge legs from that day on. One of my biggest idols as a kid of course was Arnold Schwarzenegger and his films had me glued to the TV, there was something about being bigger than the average guy was the appeal but i never envisioned being a bodybuilder let alone know really what that was.
People have the misconception that my name comes from Lifting although i would love to claim that its actually from Rugby being flexible to get out of tackles, having had that nickname since i was 6 it seemingly seems fitting that i was ment to be a Bodybuilder.
The first time I touched weights was when I found some in my dad's shed. My parents didn’t want me using the weights however that didn't stop me. Waiting for my parents to leave one day, i unlocked the shed and rolled the plastic coated Weider weights into the house and some how got them into my room.
I would do squats every night with this old, rusty bar before bed. I remember my strength followed fast along with my leg change. 1 rep became 2 and two became 4 until i had increased the reps to 100. Of course, it was only a matter of time before my parents caught on and took the weights back off me. Still, I dabbled in weights until I was 15.
I stepped into my first gym at 15 and saw my first real bodybuilder in the flesh. I was playing rugby at the time and needed to put some size so I started doing some power movements. The gym was made up of mainly power lifters, so that was the start of my power lifting. I was a strong kid, and maybe all those squats gave me an early advantage.
But there was something lacking in my heart. I loved to lift, but just not like that. Then one day, when I was alone at the gym, the local bodybuilder came up to me and said I had potential to compete. I started training with him and a year later, at age 19, I entered my first show. I won the teens Wales, and from there I went on to win the British also.
Today I hold the Mr Olympia 212 title and plan on defending it for as long as I can! It really is a great display of what dedication and hard work can get you. If you want something badly enough then it can be achieved.

"Believe to Achieve" but when going for your goal

"Leave No Stone Unturned"

Comments

Popular Posts